Monday 10 July 2017

MA Week 76 – two exhibition openings


 
A quick update! - 10th July 2017

 I realise I've not blogged for 5 or 6 weeks now but this is because I've been spending so much time making. I've got lots of half written blog posts so I will go back and fill in the gaps. But it's high time I raised my head above the parapet again as I have some exciting news: I have two exhibitions coming up. 

Hard at work in the Print Room!
The first one opens on Wednesday evening. I'm delighted to say that four of my most recent prints have been accepted for the group Summer show, 'Movement', at Left Bank Leeds. This is the first time my prints have been accepted and it's fantastic that such a well known Leeds venue will be showing them. I dropped them off yesterday and met the curators, Courtney and Si. I'm already really excited about it! The prints are a response to the mini-derive in April (see this week65 blogpost) and use a similar technique to the ones I produced for the Manchester Metropolitan University postgraduate conference back in February (see this week 55 blogpost ).

 


Tickets for the opening night are available here: http://www.bit.ly/movement17.

The second one is a pop-up show at college, 'Curation as Disruption', which my lovely tutor Sharon is installing as one of her last pieces of work before she sadly leaves the college. I've gone back to the squares I did in early April (see this week63 blogpost)and worked them up a little bit more, along with a text based piece. They are quite small pieces, and it would have been nice to go much bigger, but time simply doesn't permit: I'm still working on these as I type! The opening evening for this is Tuesday 18th July, so I need to get them completed tonight if possible.

 


In and amongst all this, I've also been preparing some postcard-sized prints for an anonymous postcard sale at Woodend Galley in Scarborough (hope I haven't let the cat too far out of the bag there!). This has involved me producing a tiny etching plate of South Bay. This in turn has made me itch to get back to Scarborough asap! The prints have turned out quite well although there is still a bit too much plate tone in the sky for my liking, so I need to work further on them in due course. So there may well be a third exhibition coming up too.
 
Right, back to it!

 

2 comments:

  1. It is good to see you so happy and busy, Ann. It's funny what you say about your seaside print. I am not sure if any of us are happy about our own work, especially printmaking. The number of times I hear people in the workshop say, "well this bits good on this one, and here on another, but not the whole thing". I wonder if we pull our 'perfect' print it's like the greyhound catching the rabbit and we all stop! Ha-ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bella. I think you are right about printmaking! I always think I can pull an edition of 10 straight off - you would think I'd learned by now!

    ReplyDelete